The role we are looking to fill
To support ongoing growth in our business we are looking to find a Mid-Level Experienced Environmental Consultant to join our Contaminated Land and Acid Sulfate Soils Team.
Working as part of a busy team you will be able to manage and contribute to projects including (but not limited to) due diligence investigations, preliminary site investigations, detailed site investigations, remediation and validation works, hazardous materials management, site monitoring and site closure reporting.
Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and a hands-on approach to delivering project outcomes for our clients are essential to this role.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Tertiary qualifications in either Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science, preferably with an Earth Science focus.
- 3-7 year’s experience in Contaminated Land and Acid Sulfate Soils or related field
- Solid project management skills suitable for day-to-day management of medium to large sized projects.
- Project management, desktop studies (Phase 1); sampling plan and project design; vapour, soil and water sampling and the installation and monitoring of groundwater/vapour wells; and supervision of contractors
- Experience in waste classification
- Experience in the management and delivery of monitoring programs
- Experience conducting complex field investigations including; drilling oversight, soil, soil vapour and groundwater sampling.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated high level report writing (and technical review) abilities.
- Management and reporting experience of contaminated site remedial works
- Working knowledge of national and Western Australian contaminated site legislation, policies and guidelines.
- Experience working with Western Australian (or similar jurisdiction e.g. Victoria or NSW) third-party auditor process.
- High level competency using the MS Office suite (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
We will also look favourably on the person having GIS experience.
What can we offer the ideal candidates?
This role presents a genuine opportunity to play a key role in delivering projects within an established team in the increasingly essential area of Contaminated Land and Acid Sulfate Soils.
Emerge Associates is a dynamic business with a culture oriented around exceptional client service and genuinely enjoying what we do – we have an awesome office environment where you can achieve great results.
We are committed to our organisational values and have a strong focus on career development. If this sounds like the role for you, then we would like to hear from you.
If you think this sounds like the opportunity for you then please send your cv and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role via Seek to:
Elaine Whelan – Human Resources.