Are you looking for a ‘career making’ opportunity? Do you want to be part of a progressive and dynamic consultancy that is pushing boundaries and doing things differently?
The role we are looking to fill
To support growth in our business we are looking to fill two positions at Senior and Mid-Level, in our Subiaco office, for our Contaminated Land and Acid Sulfate Soils Team.
We are seeking experienced Contaminated Land Consultants who will work closely with our Team Leader to enable the continued growth of the team and respond to a strong pipeline of existing projects and new project opportunities.
Our Contaminated Land and Acid Sulfate Soils Team undertakes a wide range of projects including (but not limited to) due diligence investigations, preliminary site investigations, detailed site investigations, remediation and validation works, hazardous materials management, site monitoring and site closure reporting.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing contaminated site assessment and remediation projects and be hands on in delivering project outcomes directly with our clients.
Mid-Level (3-7 years experience)
- Project management, desktop studies (Phase 1); sampling plan and project design; vapour, soil and water sampling and the installation and monitoring of groundwater/vapour wells; and supervision of contractors
- Waste classification
- Management and delivery of monitoring programs
Senior Level (7-12 years experience)
- Coordinate the preparation of required interim and final deliverables for projects in their charge
- Management and reporting of contaminated site remedial works
- Tier 2 human health and ecological risk assessment experience is highly desirable
- Provide mentoring and project level technical guidance/director to junior consultants
- Proposal preparation and client management, including business development
Our ideal candidates will have…
- Tertiary qualifications in either environmental engineering or environmental science, preferably with an earth science focus.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills suitable for day-to-day management of medium to large sized projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrated high level report writing (and technical review) abilities.
- Strong interest and desire to continue career development in contaminated site assessment, earth sciences, risk assessment and contamination remediation.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of national and Western Australian contaminated site legislation, policies and guidelines.
- Experience conducting complex field investigations including; drilling oversight, soil, soil vapour and groundwater sampling.
- Data management experience and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Experience working with Western Australian (or similar jurisdiction e.g. Victoria or NSW) third-party auditor process.
- High level competency using the MS Office suite (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- GIS experience would be an advantage (but not essential).
What can we offer the ideal candidates?
This role presents a genuine opportunity to lead and drive projects within an established team with an increasing focus on this essential area of Contaminated Land and Acid Sulfate Soils.
Emerge Associates is a growing business with a culture oriented around exceptional client service and genuinely enjoying what we do – we have an awesome office environment where you can achieve great results.
We are committed to our organisational values and have a strong focus on career development. If this sounds like something you are interested in, then we would like to hear from you
Please apply through Seek including a cover letter outlining suitability for the role based on the criteria above.
**This role is only available to people with work rights in Australia**
Email enquiries to: Elaine Whelan -Human Resources Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org