Emerge Associates operates across both environmental consulting and landscape architecture, with established teams and capabilities in each discipline. We work across a number of sectors including land use planning, property and urban development, industrial development, oil & gas, resources and mining, natural resource management and agriculture. This is an exciting time at Emerge as with the success of our Perth and Margaret River offices, our business continues to grow as we recently opened the doors to a new office in Melbourne.
The role we are looking to fill
We are currently looking for a dynamic team leader to join our high performing and growing Contaminated Land & Acid Sulfate Soils team in our Perth office based in Subiaco.
This is a leadership opportunity for someone who has experience with managing and directing teams of professional consultants and a desire to guide and mentor junior team members.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing contaminated site assessment and remediation projects and be hands on in delivering project outcomes directly with our clients, ensuring technical/ project delivery excellence.
Working closely with the Principal and other Senior Consultants, this role also has a key focus on business development so you will need to be a self-motivated and result orientated person, who has the drive and desire to focus on building new business to enable continued growth of the business and the team capabilities.
Our Contaminated Land and Acid Sulfate Soils Team undertakes a wide range of projects including (but not limited to) due diligence investigations, preliminary site investigations, detailed site investigations, remediation and validation works, hazardous materials management, site monitoring and site closure reporting.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Tertiary qualifications in either Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science, preferably with an Earth Science focus.
- 7-12 years’ experience in Contaminated Land and Acid Sulfate Soils or related field.
- Experience mentoring and providing project level technical guidance/ direction to junior consultants.
- Strong project management skills suitable for day-to-day management of medium to large sized projects.
- Proven ability to coordinate the preparation of required interim and final deliverables for projects in their charge.
- Experience conducting complex field investigations including; drilling oversight, soil, soil vapour and groundwater sampling.
- Experience in completing acid sulfate soil investigations, management plans and construction monitoring.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated high level report writing (and technical review) abilities.
- Management and reporting experience of contaminated site remedial works
- A proven track record of proposal preparation and client management, including business development.
- Working knowledge of national and Western Australian contaminated site legislation, policies and guidelines.
- Experience working with Western Australian (or similar jurisdiction e.g. Victoria or NSW) third-party auditor process.
We will also look favourably on the person having:
- Data management experience.
- Tier 2 human health and ecological risk assessment experience is highly desirable.
- GIS experience would be an advantage (but not essential).
- HSE experience as part of the role consist of being the team representative on the HSE committee.
What can we offer the ideal candidates?
This role presents a genuine opportunity to lead and drive projects with in an established team in the increasingly essential area of Contaminated Lands and Acid Sulfate Soils.
Emerge Associates is a dynamic business with a culture oriented around exceptional client service and genuinely enjoying what we do – we have an awesome office environment where you can achieve great results.
We are committed to our organisational values and have a strong focus on career development. If this sounds like the role for you, then we would like to hear from you.
Please apply including a cover letter outlining suitability for the role based on the criteria above to :
Rebecca Hansen – People & Culture Manager