Are you looking to make a change?
Are you looking for a leadership opportunity?
Do you want to be part of a progressive and dynamic consultancy where you can influence the direction?
Emerge Associates operates across both environmental consulting and landscape architecture, with established teams and capabilities in each discipline.
This is an exciting time at Emerge as with the success of our Perth and Margaret River offices, our business has recently opened the doors to a new office in Melbourne. As our journey of growth continues, we are seeking a Senior Environmental Consultant with a background in Ecology to join our Melbourne office and deliver Victorian projects. We are looking for someone who wants to break free of the shackles of a constrained workplace focussed only on utilisation to help drive our business together.
The role we are looking to fill
This role will work closely with, and report directly to the Victorian Manager and where necessary collaborate with other internal technical teams such as Environmental Planning, Landscape Architecture, Hydrology and Contamination/Acid Sulfate Soils.
This role will be responsible for managing a range of ecologically oriented projects (sometimes as part of a broader package of works, sometimes as standalone projects) and supervise/manage team related project outcomes.
Our ecology team undertakes a range of projects involving (but not limited to) ecological/botanical surveys, threatened species surveys and the preparation and implementation of a range of management plans (remnant vegetation, Offset, revegetation/restoration and conservation management).
These generally involve one or a combination of ecological survey, ecological management and/or restoration ecology, and we expect that the ideal candidate will have a strong background in these areas. Increasingly there is the requirement in our projects to integrate local botanical knowledge with the sustainability and design aspects of our landscape architectural services.
Who will you be to be an ideal match for this role?
- Tertiary qualifications in either environmental science, conservation biology and/or science with a botanical and/or zoological major.
- At least eight years demonstrated experience in an ecologically oriented role, most recently at a senior level.
- Experience with undertaking Victorian vegetation quality assessments (VQA) and accreditation as a ‘native vegetation assessor’ (DELWP) a must.
- An established consultancy or industry profile and network, and ability to identify and secure business opportunities (with support from the Environment Directors).
- An ability to work with the Environment Directors, other team leaders and senior consultants to guide the implementation of organisational improvement and business development initiatives.
- Strong knowledge of Commonwealth, State and Local Government biodiversity protection legislation, policies and practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and a demonstrated high standard of report writing abilities.
- High level competencies with the MS Office suite (especially Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong project management skills suitable for leading medium to large sized projects in a day-to-day consultancy environment.
- Preparation of specifications and the coordination/management of revegetation projects an advantage (not essential).
- GIS experience would be an advantage (not essential).
What can we offer the ideal candidate?
Emerge Associates is growing business with a culture oriented around exceptional client service and enjoying immensely what we do. We are committed to our organisational values and have a strong focus on career development. If this sounds like something you are interested in, then we would like to hear from you.
For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact: