WE ARE EMERGE ASSOCIATES
Emerge Associates is a leading Landscape Architectural and Environmental Consulting practice which fosters a collaborative approach to sustainable landscape and environmental outcomes. We are proud partners to many clients across the nation who trust in our talented, multidisciplinary team to create sustainable places that are deeply valued by Australian communities.
Emerge Associates provides design and contract management services for open space planning, land development, urban renewal, retail and commercial projects, environmental planning and restoration projects.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing team of professionals who are leaders in their field and love what they do. We are an energetic team of 55+ staff with offices in Subiaco, Margaret River and Melbourne.
This full time role will be based in our Margaret River office. We are seeking our next passionate Landscape Architect to help grow our team and contribute to our culture. You will join a multi-disciplinary collective that is fresh, vibrant, and mentored by industry leaders who have decades of experience to share. Our project genre is vast, varied, award winning and nationally located, so we are looking for an enthusiastic and focused innovator that brings flair and flavour to the table. Your future colleagues, aka our talented and dedicated team, thrive on all aspects of Landscape Architecture, from project visioning to construction documentation and project management.
WHAT ROLE ARE WE LOOKING TO FILL?
Emerge Associates are currently seeking a Landscape Architect with 5 to 7 years’ experience with tertiary qualifications in Landscape Architecture (or equivalent) to become a member of our landscape team.
The role will support our team in all stages of varied project lifecycles that include day to day collaboration with our Environment Planning and Management, Ecology, Hydrology and Contaminated Land and Acid Sulfate Soils teams. This will include all aspects of landscape architecture, open space planning and environmental management.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working across all areas of design, including Concept Design, Urban Design, Tender Documentation and Contract Administration
- Assisting with the preparation of submissions and concept documentation
- Supporting whole of life planning, design, documentation, delivery and management/maintenance of landscape works
- Project management to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
Our ideal candidate will be someone with a keen eye for detail, has design flair, is willing to learn new skills and is a strong communicator (i.e., you’ll put your ideas on the table and contribute at our team meetings).
Additional skills required:
- Strong plant design / local botanical knowledge preferable
- Landscape documentation knowledge (i.e. tender/construction)
- Advanced proficiency with:
- Design, documentation and delivery of landscape projects
- Contract administration of works packages
- Hand drafting (optional)
- 3D Graphics Sketch Up is required Lumion would be ideal
- Adobe suite (Photoshop & Indesign)
- Microsoft office (Word & Excel)
Soft skills required:
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Passion for everything Landscape Architecture
- A ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to think creatively to innovate and problem solve design challenges
- Proactive in autonomous and collaborative situations
- Curiosity and focus in your ability to prioritise and work across multiple projects / tasks
LIFE AT EMERGE
We pride ourselves on looking after our people and our culture is everything to us. We welcome new ideas and diverse perspectives with a focus on professionalism at all times.
- We’re a social bunch and you will very much enjoy our busy calendar of office social events.
- Collaborate with our wider team of Landscape Architect’s, Environmental Consultant’s and passionate support team. Our office seating structure is mixed so there will be plenty of opportunities for diverse learning.
- Reach your potential in an encouraging and stimulating workplace.
- Forge your career in Landscape Architecture, bring your ideas, open mind and willingness to give it ago to broaden your professional and personal development.
If you think you’re the candidate we’re looking for, please combine your cover letter, CV and portfolio in one PDF file that is less than 10MB. Or, if the file is larger than 10MB, please upload via a FTP link and send to email@example.com by 21 June 2020. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Please note that Australian Working Rights and a current valid driver’s licence are essential requirements for the role.