Emerge Associates combines both environmental consulting and landscape architecture, with established teams and capabilities in each discipline. We have offices in Subiaco, Margaret River and Melbourne undertaking a wide range of projects nationally. We partner with our clients across Australia to create socially, environmentally and economically sustainable places of community value, ensuring the interface between the natural environment, the human environment and built infrastructure is managed by providing a considered project response.
About our role:
As the Team Leader and reporting to the Environment Manager, this role is responsible for the leadership of our Contaminated Land and Acid Sulfate Soil team. The team undertakes a wide range of projects including due diligence investigations, preliminary site investigations, detailed site investigations, remediation and validation works, hazardous materials management, site monitoring and site closure reporting.
Working closely with the Managing Director, the Principal Consultants, Senior Consultants and other Team Leaders, the role has a key focus on:
- Delivering high quality projects and advice to our clients.
- Providing support, guidance and direction to our team of contaminated land consultants.
- Workload management to ensure timely delivery of projects within budget.
- Financial performance of the team within the overall objectives of the business.
- Team resource management, including recruiting and career development.
- Business development, leveraging existing relationships to promote new business opportunities and developing new client and business opportunities.
- Providing strategic input into business operations.
The skills we need:
- Tertiary qualifications in either Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science, preferably with an Earth Science focus.
- Substantial experience in Contaminated Land and Acid Sulphate Soils or related field suitable to provide technical guidance and oversight for contaminated land projects.
- Demonstrated experience delivering complex contaminated site management projects.
- Experience recruiting, mentoring and providing project level technical guidance to others.
- Strong project management skills of medium to large sized projects.
- A proven track record in identifying business development opportunities and areas for growth.
What can we offer the ideal candidate?
This role presents a genuine opportunity to lead and drive projects with in an established team in the increasingly essential area of contaminated lands and acid sulfate soils within an established employee owned consulting firm.
Emerge Associates is a dynamic business with a culture oriented around exceptional client service and genuinely enjoying what we do, we have an awesome office environment where you can achieve great results. We are committed to our organisational values and have a strong focus on career development.
If this sounds like the role for you, then we would like to hear from you.
Please apply online through Seek HERE
*Role only available to people with work rights in Australia