Emerge Associates is an Environmental Services and Landscape Architecture firm, with established teams and capabilities in each discipline. We work across a number of sectors including land use planning, property and urban development, industrial development, oil & gas, resources and mining, natural resource management and agriculture. This is an exciting time at Emerge as with the success of our Perth and Margaret River offices, our business continues to grow as we recently opened the doors to a new office in Melbourne.
What role are we looking to fill?
We are looking for a Shared Services Manager to join our team on a full-time basis in our Subiaco office. Our ideal candidate will demonstrate extensive office management experience with an ability to coordinate and support our busy 60+ team across all sites and will provide an ongoing link between our two business streams (Environmental Services and Landscape Architecture).
The role is an integral part of our ongoing success and it is important to us that we find the right person that enjoys working in an exciting and growing culture, but also does not mind getting in and working hard when the team need some help as well. We are looking for someone who will take ownership of this role, go above and beyond and consistently act in a way that supports the success of the business.
The day to day tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating all aspects of the day to day operations of the office
- Responsibility for marketing and website and social media updates
- Shared services financial coordination and support
- Creating and reviewing company systems and procedures
- Preparation for monthly advisory board meetings
- Project management across a range of operational support tasks
- Purchasing of IT equipment for upgrades and new starters
- Events coordination and management
- Coordinating the induction process for new starters
- Liaising with suppliers and contractors to ensure the smooth running of the office
- Carrying out annual audits on our supplier agreements resulting in best value for the business
- Providing fast and efficient support and assistance to the entire team
- Provide leadership and support for our Shared Services Administrator
- Reception and telephone cover for our Shared Services Administrator
Who is our preferred candidate?
Our preferred candidate will have 5+ years experience in a similar position; having demonstrated skills in managing projects in a multi-faceted role.
Attention to detail and outstanding communication skills are essential to being successful in this role, as you will be working across multiple tasks and with various people at all levels on a daily basis.
The right person will also demonstrate an ability to independently solve problems and overcome hurdles to achieve great outcomes.
Experience working with the Microsoft Office Suite is a must, together with a willingness to learn new software packages and gain new skills. Experience using Billquick, Photoshop and InDesign (or similar packages) would be advantageous.
This role really is the backbone of our office and is instrumental in making sure everything runs smoothly every day!
What can we offer the right person?
Emerge Associates is a growing business with a culture oriented around exceptional client service and genuinely enjoying what we do. We are committed to our organisational values and have a strong focus on career development. Our vibrant office space in Subiaco and our innovative and energetic team make our business a great place to work.
If you think this is you and you would like to become part of our team, please apply via seek, including a cover letter outlining what you feel the most important attributes are for someone working in this role as well as how your experience will add value to our business. We look forward to reading it!
If you require any further information on this opportunity please contact:
Rebecca Hansen: People & Culture Manager
** Please note that the role is only available for people with Permanent Australian Work Rights.**
**No agencies please.**