We need leaders in bushfire management to join our in-demand bushfire consulting services, working out of our Subiaco office.
You’ll be involved in: the planning of major subdivisions, contributing to the formulation and implementation of strategic risk management frameworks across government, the planning of major tourist developments and other vulnerable occupant facilities, and in safely facilitating land uses identified as ‘high risk’, including major industrial developments.
To fill this role, you will need to have a passion for creating safer and resilient communities as Western Australia grows in population and opportunity, and as it confronts the challenges of sustainability and climate change adaptation.
You must be able to demonstrate the following attributes and cite experience in the following areas:
- An undergraduate degree in Environmental Sciences, Planning, or Building with an interest in undertaking further studies to specialise as a bushfire consultant.
- Level 1 or 2 Accredited Bushfire Practitioner (or enthusiasm to progress to this accreditation).
- A demonstrated ability to accurately interpret legislation applicable to WA’s planning, building or environmental frameworks.
- A knowledge of relevant WA bushfire planning legislation and Guidelines for Planning in Bushfire Prone Areas, Australian Standard 3959 Construction of buildings in bushfire prone areas, and other related guidance documents produced by the Department of Planning and Department of Fire and Emergency Services.
- Demonstrated experience and proficiency utilising the ESRI ArcGIS software suite including Arcmap, ArcCatalog and Extensions, to prepare the standard suite of figures that accompany a Bushfire Management Plan. We will also consider experience with other equivalent GIS software.
- Experience using in-field data capture solutions. We currently employ an Android based software called Mappt.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams.
Essential broad range skills required for this role include:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated high standard of report writing ability and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to undertake site surveys to classify vegetation.
- High level competencies with the MS Office suite (especially Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- A current White Card and Senior First Aid Certificated will be looked on favourably, but are not essential prerequisites.
Emerge Associates provides a full scope of environmental consulting services providing practical and innovative solutions in the advancement of sustainability and prosperity. Our clients include the development industry, government, and the community. We are proud of our earned reputation for integrity and responsiveness, and we have earned the respect of our private and public sector clients through our insight and accuracy. We specialise in identifying solutions to the challenges presented by the need to maintain a sustainable and safe environment while providing for a diverse range of lifestyle opportunities, a challenge that is regularly confronted by the discipline of bushfire management.
What can we offer you?
This role presents an opportunity to participate in West Australian and interstate projects within an established multi-disciplinary team.
Emerge Associates is a growing business with a culture oriented around exceptional client service and genuinely enjoying what we do – we have a supportive office environment where you can achieve your potential and take pride in achieving great results.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, then we would like to hear from you.
Please apply through Seek including a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role based on the criteria above to:
Rebecca Hansen – People and Culture Manager