Emerge Associates operates across both environmental consulting and landscape architecture, with established teams and capabilities in each discipline. We have offices in Subiaco and Margaret River and undertake a wide range of projects across Western Australia and interstate. We work across a number of sectors including land use planning, property and urban development, industrial development, oil & gas, resources and mining, natural resource management and agriculture.
The role we are looking to fill
To support ongoing growth in our business we are looking to find an Environmental Consultant – Hazardous materials/Contaminated sites to join our Contaminated Land and Acid Sulfate Soils Team.
The focus for this role will be to deliver on existing projects as well as assisting build our project portfolio in this space. This will involve a combination of fieldwork and office-based activities such as project management, client liaison, preparation of management plans, undertaking business development activities and preparation of detailed high quality reports.
Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and a hands-on approach to delivering project outcomes are essential to this role.
The ideal candidate will have
- Tertiary qualifications in either Environmental Engineering or Environmental Science
- 2-7 years’ of relevant industry experience (will also consider more experienced candidates)
- Demonstrated experience with hazardous materials management and occupational hygiene monitoring/assessments
- Experience conducting field surveys and risk assessments for HAZMAT
- Experience in preparing HAZMAT management plans and undertaking inspections to provide clearance certificates
- Complete understanding of the relevant regulatory legislation and regulatory bodies framework
- Proficient project management skills, accountable for delivery (schedule, budget and quality)
- Strong written communication skills, ability to produce high quality documents
- Strong verbal communication skills and experience managing and developing existing relationships
- Proven experience or interest in business development activities
Desirable but not essential
- Occupational hygiene monitoring and assessment experience
- Occupational hygiene experience and/ or qualification
- Membership to AIOH, or progressing towards.
What can we offer the ideal candidates?
This role presents a genuine opportunity to play a key role in delivering projects within an established contaminated land team and contributing towards business development.
Emerge Associates is a dynamic business with a culture oriented around exceptional client service and genuinely enjoying what we do.
We are committed to our organisational values and have a strong focus on career development. If this sounds like the role for you, then we would like to hear from you.