The role we are looking to fill
We are looking for an experienced bushfire management consultant to take a prominent role in further advancing and expanding our existing bushfire consulting services, and to increase the external profile of the business. This role will report directly to the Team Leader for Environmental Planning & Management.
We expect that the ideal candidate for this role will have a strong bushfire planning and management background, ideally focussed on but not limited to bushfire management within land use planning and property/urban development. The candidate will need to demonstrate strategic thinking when it comes to providing solutions-oriented advice to our clients.
Applicants for this role must be able to demonstrate the following attributes and cite experience in the following areas:
• Existing Level 2 Accredited Bushfire Practitioner (or eligibility to immediately progress to this accreditation).
• Demonstrate a minimum of 10 years relevant consultancy experience with at least 5 years of this specific bushfire management experience within a consulting environment.
• A general understanding and knowledge of relevant WA bushfire planning legislation and Guidelines for Planning in Bushfire Prone Areas, Australian Standard 3959 Construction of buildings in bushfire prone areas and other related guidance documents produced by the Department of Planning and Department of Fire and Emergency Services.
• Demonstrate experience in the preparation and assessment of bushfire hazard reporting of all types at varying levels of complexity.
• Have strong skills and experience in the writing bushfire protection assessments, bushfire attack level assessments, bushfire management plans, evacuation and emergency response plans.
• Have experience working with GIS (ArcGIS) and spatial data analysis in bushfire analysis and planning.
• Show an ability to work with the Manager Environment, other team leaders and senior consultants to guide the implementation of organisational improvement and business development initiatives.
• An established consultancy or industry profile and network, and ability to identify and secure business opportunities (with support from the Manager Environment and other key staff) would be desirable.
• Knowledge of Commonwealth, State and Local Government environmental and biodiversity protection legislation, policies and practices would be desirable as would an understanding of town planning legislation and processes.
• An ability and desire to collaboratively work within multi-disciplinary teams including landscape architects, town planners, urban designers, civil engineers, and other design or technical professionals to achieve commercially appropriate bushfire management outcomes.
Essential broad range skills required for this role include:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and a demonstrated high standard of report writing abilities.
- High level competencies with the MS Office suite (especially Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong project management skills suitable for leading medium to large sized projects in a day-to-day consultancy environment.
- Previous experience working in the land use planning and/or urban development sectors would be highly favourable.
What can we offer the ideal candidate?
This role presents a genuine opportunity to lead and drive projects within an established team with an increasing focus on this essential area of environmental planning.
Emerge Associates is a growing business with a culture oriented around exceptional client service and genuinely enjoying what we do – we have an awesome office environment where you can achieve great results.
We are committed to our organisational values and have a strong focus on career development. If this sounds like something you are interested in, then we would like to hear from you.
Please apply through Seek including a cover letter outlining suitability for the role based on the criteria above.
This role is only available to people with work rights in Australia
Email enquiries to: Elaine Whelan -Human Resources Consultant: email@example.com
Please apply via SEEK – https://www.seek.com.au/job/34579336