Are you an experienced Assistant Accountant? Want to become part of our innovative and progressive team?
The role we are looking to fill
We are looking for an experienced and diligent Assistant accountant to work as part of our finance team in a part-time permanent position (0.52FTE) with an immediate start date.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Payroll function and superannuation
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Bank and Visa card reconciliations
- Maintaining a consistently high level of data entry
- General ledger maintenance
- Maintain personnel records
- Assisting in preparation of BAS & Payroll Tax
- Some administrative duties
Who is our preferred candidate?
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager/Controller our ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a keen eye for detail and an ability to work independently and as part of a team. Experience in working with MYOB (including MYOB Payroll) and Microsoft Office are essential for this position. They successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following:
- Previous working experience in a similar role
- Good understanding of accounting principles
- Proficiency in management of bookkeeping and administration
- Solutions focused and reliable approach
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & written
- High accuracy levels, attention to detail & outstanding organisational skills
Additional accounting and project management/time recording software experience would be an advantage.