Are you looking for a ‘career making’ opportunity? Do you want to be a leader and part of the future within a progressive and dynamic consultancy that is pushing boundaries and doing things differently? Are you wanting to set and control your future and own your career in an environment where you can be influential and guide the business direction and key decisions?
The role we are looking to fill
We are looking for experienced Senior and/or Principal Environmental Consultants to join our Environmental Planning & Management Team. These roles will manage existing client relationships and key projects, but also assist with building new client and project opportunities. For the Principal role we would expect that you can strongly contribute to business development and workload generation through your previous experience and existing industry networks.
Emerge Associates operates across both environmental consulting and landscape architecture, with established teams and capabilities in each discipline. We have offices in Subiaco, Margaret River, Melbourne and Brisbane and undertake a wide range of projects across Western Australia and beyond.
Collaboration with other senior members of the wider team including from our Sustainability, Ecology, Landscape Architecture, Hydrology and Contaminated Land & Acid Sulfate Soils teams will be a key part of the roles. You will be responsible for managing a range of environmental planning and approvals-oriented projects (both as part of a broader package of works, as well as standalone projects) across the team as well as being specifically involved in key projects in a hands on capacity.
We expect that the ideal candidate will have a strong environmental planning and approvals background ideally focussed but not limited to land use planning and property/urban development, mining or major infrastructure and can demonstrate strategic thinking when it comes to providing solutions and project outcomes for our clients. For one of the roles previous experience working in land use planning and/or urban development sector would be highly favourable, and for the other extensive previous experience working in the mining sector would be preferred.
Who will you be to be an ideal match for this role?
- Tertiary qualifications in either environmental science, environmental management or equivalent
- At least eight to ten years demonstrated experience in an environmental planning and approvals based role
- Strong knowledge of Commonwealth, State and Local Government environmental and biodiversity protection legislation, policies and practices
- Demonstrated knowledge of town planning legislation and processes or mining legislation and approvals
- Experience with and a desire to guide and mentor junior team members and foster overall team outcomes
- Experience in facilitating a range of environmental approvals with approval and regulatory authorities
- An established consultancy or industry profile and network, and ability to identify and secure business opportunities with support from the Team Leader, Manager Environment and other key Emerge team members
- An ability to work with the Team Leader and senior consultants to guide the implementation of organisational improvement and business development initiatives.
- An ability to collaboratively work within multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and a demonstrated high standard of report writing abilities
- Strong project management skills suitable for leading medium to large sized projects in a day-to-day consultancy environment
- High level competencies with the MS Office suite (especially Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
What can we offer the ideal candidate?
We are an employee-owned business and are looking to broaden the base of our employee ownership as we grow into the future. Emerge Associates is a growing business with a culture focussed on exceptional client service and genuinely enjoying what we do. We have an active social agenda and a diverse array of people to work with. If you enjoy being active, you will fit right in and we have an awesome office environment where you can achieve great results. We are committed to our organisational values and have a strong focus on career development. If this sounds like something you are interested in, then we would like to hear from you.
If you would like to become part of the Emerge Associates team, please apply via Seek, including a one-page cover letter and two-page CV.