Emerge Associates is seeking existing and emerging leaders in bushfire management to join our in-demand bushfire consulting services. We are offering roles based out of our Subiaco and Margaret River offices.
You will be involved in the planning and approval of structure plans and subdivisions, sporting facilities, educational facilities, major tourist developments, and other vulnerable uses. You will contribute to and prepare Bushfire Attack Level assessments, Bushfire Management Plans, Bushfire Emergency Evacuation Plans, and assist with the consideration of ‘high risk’ land uses, including major industrial developments. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our Level 3 BPAD accredited consultant, Ecologists and Landscape Architects to design landscapes and planting schemes that respond to bushfire risks. There is also the opportunity to be involved in bushfire projects in other states through our offices in Melbourne and Brisbane.
To fill this role, you will need to have a passion for creating safer and resilient communities as Western Australia grows in population and opportunity, and as it confronts the challenges of sustainability and climate change adaptation.
To fill this role, you must be able to demonstrate the following attributes and cite experience in the following areas:
- An undergraduate degree in Environmental Sciences, Planning, or a Building related discipline.
- Level 2 or Level 1 BPAD accreditation or enthusiasm and the experience to progress to accreditation within 6 months.
- A demonstrated ability to accurately interpret legislation applicable to WA’s planning, building or environmental frameworks.
- A knowledge of relevant WA bushfire planning policy framework and Guidelines for Planning in Bushfire Prone Areas, Australian Standard 3959 Construction of buildings in bushfire prone areas, and other related guidance documents produced by the Department of Planning Lands and Heritage, and Department of Fire and Emergency Services.
- Experience using in-field data capture solutions would be beneficial.
- A demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within multi-disciplinary teams.
Essential skills required for this role include:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated high standard of report writing ability and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to undertake site surveys to classify vegetation.
- High level competencies with the MS Office suite.
- A current White Card and Senior First Aid Certificated will be looked on favourably but are not essential prerequisites.
What can we offer the ideal candidate?
Emerge Associates operates across environmental consulting and landscape architecture. We have offices in Subiaco, Margaret River, Melbourne and Brisbane, and undertake a wide range of projects across Western Australia and interstate. We focus on developing professional careers through the provision of ongoing career development, and generous opportunities for training, industry group involvement. We provide staff with a career pathway from Graduate through to Principal Environmental Consultant, with numerous entry points. As your role progresses you will be exposed to greater levels of project management and responsibility, client and stakeholder engagement, project scoping and budgeting, and business development and management opportunities, all of which are key elements of a successful career in consulting.
Emerge Associates is a growing business with a culture oriented around client service and a passion for what we do. We are committed to our organisational values and the career development of our staff.
If you would like to become part of the Emerge Associates team, please apply via Seek, including a one-page cover letter and two-page CV.