In response to the growing and diversified projects being delivered by our Sustainability team, we’re expanding.
Caroline Minton joins us in the role of Senior Sustainability Consultant and new team leader. Caroline is a sustainability specialist with 24 years’ local and international experience in sustainability, environmental management and project management across local and state government, utilities, tertiary, mining and construction sectors.
Caroline is joined by Georgia Scott, Lead Sustainability Consultant, who brings 10 years’ experience in state and local government, has completed a PhD in Sustainable Transport and has a background in community engagement, climate change strategies and organisational sustainability frameworks and reporting.
Together with Jess Lisle and Grace Ferraz, our Sustainability team draws on diverse backgrounds and considerable experience, to provide sustainability and resilience advice that is useable, practical and impactful.
Our sustainability service
Emerge’s core capability focuses on providing advice and support under the following five categories:
With a suite of integrated environmental consulting and landscape architecture services that differentiate us and value add, our clients benefit from our proximity to expertise in a wide range of disciplines including environmental science, ecology, urban planning and landscape architecture. We are able to achieve results based on industry best practice and leading-edge knowledge, developing strategies for building sustainable and resilient communities, urban environments and infrastructure; reduce resource consumption; and prepare for the impacts of climate change.
Our sustainability team
Emerge’s sustainability team draws on diverse backgrounds and many years of experience working in sustainability across industry and government. Between us we hold tertiary qualifications in sustainability, business administration and planning, and have industry recognised accreditation under the Infrastructure Sustainability Council of Australia (ISCA), Green Building Council of Australia (GBCA), One Planet Living framework, WELL Building standard (an international framework focusing on human health and wellness) and International Association for Public Participation Australasia (IAP2).
Senior Sustainability Consultant
firstname.lastname@example.org | 0431 088 255
Jess Lisle – Jess will be on maternity leave from late August 2021 to mid 2022
Senior Sustainability Consultant
email@example.com | 0499 612 405
Lead Sustainability Consultant
firstname.lastname@example.org | (08) 9380 4988
email@example.com | (08) 9380 4988
Our recent success
Our sustainability services have grown our service offering from Perth to now include projects in Queensland and Victoria, and working across local government, the residential development industry and urban infrastructure.
Resilience and local government
- We recently assisted two inner city local governments in Perth to increase the sustainability and resilience of their operations and communities in the face of increasing climate change impacts.
- For the Town of Victoria Park (inner city local government in Perth) we facilitated visioning workshops with town staff and community members to co-create an action plan for reducing emissions and increasing resilience to climate change impacts, and ultimately develop their Climate Emergency Plan.
- Building on the success of developing their Sustainability Strategy 2019-2023, we engaged with staff at the Town of Cambridge to plan for climate change risks through the development of their Climate Resilience and Risk Assessment Plan.
Sustainable urban development
- We have provided strategic advice and led the certification process for several sustainable urban precincts across Australia.
- In March 2020, we successfully secured Brabham (large precinct located in Perth’s north-eastern corridor) a 6 Star World Leading Green Star Communities rating.
- We are now working to achieve Green Star Communities certifications for two other projects in Queensland and Victoria and developing a baseline Green Star Communities assessment tool on behalf of a state land development authority.
- As part of our wholistic service offering, we provide infrastructure sustainability support for projects.
- Our team includes two ISCA Accredited Professionals utilising Australia’s leading infrastructure sustainability rating tool and are currently coordinating the sustainability objectives for Lakelands Station, a new METRONET train station in the City of Mandurah, 64km from Perth CBD.
- We have been involved in the auditing of big infrastructure projects and the development of a water sensitive urban design guideline for the extensive METRONET program.