Are you a hydrologist, hydrogeologist, water resource engineer, or water management planner with experience in the consulting industry? Want to become part of our innovative and progressive team?
We are an energetic team of 55+ staff and Western Australia’s leading combined Environmental Consulting and Landscape Architecture practice, with teams covering Environmental Planning and Management, Hydrology, Contaminated Land, Ecology, Sustainability, and Landscape Architecture.
Our Hydrology team comprises environmental and civil engineers, and scientists ranging in experience from recent graduates through to experienced principals. We work on a diverse mix of projects across Urban Development, State and Local Government, Mining and Agriculture covering all aspects of water including hydrology, hydrogeology, and water resource planning and management.
Our team is actively involved in the wider water and development industry (through associations including Australian Water Association, Urban Development Industry of Australia and Property Council of Australia) ensuring we are at the forefront of water conversations here in WA and Nationally, to strive for sustainable and innovative water outcomes in our projects. Our team have been involved with award winning projects receiving recognition across the industry within the urban development and infrastructure space.
Your Opportunity with Emerge
We are looking for a Lead or Senior Environmental Consultant; a dedicated, passionate and enthusiastic water professional with experience in the consulting industry to help us deliver our water projects and provide leadership to the Hydrology team (in formal capacity for the right candidate).
The role involves the following core tasks:
- Manage projects of varying scales, including small single team projects through to complex multi-team projects.
- Manage internal project teams (both within Hydrology and across the broader business) to achieve high quality outcomes for clients.
- Provide technical guidance to team members, clients and co-consultants as appropriate to each project in your area of expertise.
- Provide Q&A review of technical reports and deliverables.
- Actively scope for new work through existing clients/projects, tender submissions and utilising professional networks.
- Assist the Hydrology Team Leader in resourcing of the Hydrology team to achieve project and business outcomes. An opportunity to take on the Hydrology Team Leader role exists for the right applicant.
- Support and mentor junior team members in growing technical and consulting capabilities.
- Full or part-time role potentially available.
You will be welcomed into our firm, supported in your new role with learning, working and collaborating across our existing teams. Remuneration package will be tailored to suit the applicant’s experience and capability.
What you will bring
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a water related role. This should include some time in consulting.
- Technical expertise in at least one of the following:
- Water engineering and design
- Water resource management
- Water management planning.
- Some experience in project management including financials, project programming, and quality of deliverables.
- Some experience in managing project teams of varying technical experience to achieve high quality project outcomes.
- Experience in new project scoping and tender submissions.
- Strong report writing and communication skills.
- A keen eye for detail and capacity to provide creative solutions to complex technical issues.
- Ability to manage and communicate personal and team workloads and priorities.
- An enthusiasm, passion and willingness to assist the management team with client relationships and business development.
- An enthusiasm to guide and support junior staff in their professional development.
- An ability to communicate and collaborate effectively within teams at all levels.
- High standards of professional and personal ethics.
Additional experience in one or more of the following areas would be desirable:
- Experience with urban development projects in WA.
- Knowledge and experience with the principles of Better Urban Water Management and Water Sensitive Urban Design.
- Knowledge of surface water modelling methodologies and software packages.
- Experience in Hydrogeology, including field investigations.
- Experience in groundwater modelling.
- Experience in programming and implementing water monitoring and soil sampling programs.
A Degree in Engineering, Science or other relevant major is an essential requirement for this role. We welcome all suitably skilled people with varying experience levels and areas to apply for the role, however you must have full working rights in Australia and be ready to start work in Perth, Western Australia. Applications which do not meet this requirement will not be considered.
If you would like to become part of our innovative and energetic team, please submit your application (CV and cover letter) via Seek.