Are you a scientist or engineer with an interest in water? Want to become part of our innovative and progressive team?
We are an energetic team of 55+ staff and Western Australia’s leading combined Environmental Consulting and Landscape Architecture practice. Our teams cover Environmental Planning and Management, Hydrology, Contaminated Land, Ecology, Sustainability and Landscape Architecture.
Our Hydrology team comprises environmental and civil engineers, and scientists ranging in experience from recent graduates through to experienced principals. We work on a diverse mix of projects across Urban Development, State and Local Government, Mining and Agriculture covering all aspects of water including hydrology, hydrogeology, and water resource planning and management.
Our team is actively involved in the wider water and development industry (through associations including Australian Water Association, Urban Development Industry of Australia and Property Council of Australia) ensuring we are at the forefront of water conversations here in WA and Nationally, to strive for sustainable and innovative water outcomes in our projects. Our team have been involved with award winning projects receiving recognition across the industry within the urban development and infrastructure space.
Your Opportunity with Emerge
We’re looking for a dedicated, passionate and enthusiastic professional to help us deliver our water projects. The role involves the following core tasks:
- Complete technical tasks to deliver project outcomes with the support of the broader Hydrology team as needed including:
- Desktop environmental reviews
- Groundwater and surface water data review and analysis
- Catchment analysis and parameterisation
- Surface flow quantity and quality analysis
- Floodway and floodplain assessments
- Hydrological and hydraulic modelling
- Water balance investigations
- Water management planning and strategies
- Site and soil investigations
- Report writing.
- Provide advice on water related issues to project teams (internal and external) and clients with support of the senior team members.
- Work with the broader Emerge team to provide technical inputs to a broad range of projects.
- Work with the Hydrology Team Leader to communicate personal resourcing and workload needs.
You will be welcomed into our firm, supported in your new role with learning, working and collaborating across all of our existing teams. Remuneration package will be tailored to suit the applicant’s experience and capability.
What you will bring
- Degree in Engineering, Science or other relevant major.
- Ability to critically think and problem solve.
- Ability to review and analyse datasets accurately and efficiently.
- Strong report writing and communication skills (written and verbal).
- A keen eye for detail and capacity to provide creative solutions to complex technical issues.
- An enthusiasm, passion and willingness to assist the team to undertake project work.
- An ability to communicate and collaborate effectively within teams.
- High standards of professional and personal ethics.
Experience in one or more of the following areas would be desirable:
- Experience/training in hydrology or hydrogeology.
- Experience/training in surface water or groundwater modelling.
- Experience in field investigations (specifically installing bores, recording surface water and groundwater levels, and quality monitoring).
- Experience in a consulting-based role.
- Experience in urban development.
- Exposure to GIS and/or CAD software packages.
We welcome all suitably skilled people with varying experience levels to apply for the role, however you must have full working rights in Australia and be ready to start work in Perth, Western Australia. Applications which do not meet this requirement will not be considered.
If you would like to become part of our innovative and energetic team, please submit your application (CV and cover letter) via Seek.