Emerge Associates combines landscape architecture with environmental services that enables a collaborative approach for sustainable landscape and environmental outcomes. We partner with our clients across Australia to create socially and physically sustainable places of community value – ensuring the interface between the natural environment, the human environment and built infrastructure is managed by providing a considered and creative design response.
We are a vibrantly growing company of creatives that love to engage deep into our projects. We bring passion to the foreground and create depth through knowledge.
We are currently seeking our next passionate Landscape Architect (3-4 yrs experience) to join our Perth office and help grow our team and contribute to our culture. You will join a multi-disciplinary collective that is fresh, vibrant and mentored by industry leaders who have decades of experience to share. Our project genre is vast, varied, award winning and nationally located, and we are looking for an enthusiastic and focused innovator who brings flair and flavour to the table. Your future colleagues – our talented and dedicated team – thrive on all aspects of Landscape Architecture, from project visioning to construction documentation and project management.
About the role
We invite applications from candidates who are passionate Landscape Architects, keen to become an integral member of our Perth team. This full time position will suit your tertiary qualifications in Landscape Architecture (or equal equivalent) and your 3-4 years of industry experience highlighting your ability to support our team in all stages of varied project lifecycles.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working across all areas of design, including Concept Design, Urban Design, Tender Documentation and Contract Administration
- Assisting with the preparation of submissions and concept documentation
- Supporting whole of life planning, design, documentation, delivery and management/maintenance of landscape works
- Project management to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget
Our ideal candidate is someone with a keen eye for detail, design flair, willing to learn new skills and a strong communicator – you’ll put your ideas on the table and contribute at our various internal team meetings. As we have offices based on both the West and East coast of Australia, it’s paramount that you have the ability to work autonomously and collaboratively with team members, both locally and nationally:
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Strong plant design / local botanical knowledge preferable
- Landscape documentation knowledge (ie. tender/construction)
Advanced proficiency with:
- Design, documentation and delivery of landscape projects
- Contract administration of works packages
- Hand drafting (optional)
- 3D Graphics Sketch Up (Lumion would be ideal)
- Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop)
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Soft skills required:
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Passion for everything Landscape Architecture
- A ‘can do’ attitude with the ability to think creatively to innovate and problem solve design challenges
- Proactive in autonomous and collaborative situations
- Curiosity and focus in your ability to prioritise and work across multiple projects / tasks
Life at Emerge
We pride ourselves on looking after our people; our culture is everything to us. We welcome new ideas and diverse perspectives and we will support and mentor you towards achieving your goals.
- We’re a social bunch and you will very much enjoy our busy calendar of office social events.
- Work with our wider team of Landscape Architects, Environmentalists and passionate support team. Our office seating structure is mixed so there will be plenty of opportunity for diverse learning.
- Reach your potential in an encouraging and stimulating workplace.
- Forge your career in Landscape Architecture, bring your ideas, open mind and willingness to give it ago to broaden your professional and personal development.
- Collaborate with like-minded inhouse technical specialists across both Landscape Architecture and Environmental Consultancy in our active learning environment.
If you would like to be a part of our story and believe you have the attributes we are looking for, we’re waiting to hear from you.
Please combine your cover letter, CV and portfolio in one PDF file (10MB or less). If the file needs to be larger than 10MB, please upload via a FTP link and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Please note that Australian Working Rights and a current valid driver’s licence are essential requirements for the role.