Emerge Associates operates across both environmental consulting and landscape architecture, with established teams and capabilities in each discipline. We have offices in Subiaco, Margaret River, Melbourne and Brisbane and undertake a wide range of projects across Australia. This is a rare opportunity to join one of Western Australia’s leading combined Landscape Architectural and Environmental Consulting firms and join a team of professionals who are leaders in their field and love what they do.
The role we are looking to fill
The GIS Coordinator is based in our Perth office. Day to day your role will work closely with our environmental team to provide a range of spatial analysis, cartographic/mapping and spatial technology coordination activities. The role will lead a small team of GIS operators/analysts and we are keen to grown our team and GIS capabilities. We are seeking someone with 5+ years’ of experience, key responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing high quality cartographic outputs to support project delivery coordinated across multiple locations and remote working arrangements
- Providing technical advice and training to internal staff and GIS operators
- Providing guidance and coordination on matters relating to GIS policy and procedures, including maintaining spatial accuracy and integrity
- Monitoring technology and information platform changes in relation to our GIS capabilities
Our ideal candidate
We are looking for someone who has experience with the following:
- Tertiary qualification in GIS or similar, or extensive industry experience
- Experience in consulting environment
- Proficiency and experience using the ESRI software suite specifically ArcGIS and related geospatial software and extensions
- Approachable, adaptable and confident in dealing with people at all levels
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Effective time management to ensure project deadlines and deliverables are met
- The ability to employ self-motivation and a pro-active attitude to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Desirable skills include:
- Working understanding of QGIS
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and integration with GIS
- Development and implementation of field data capture and mobile GIS capability
- Knowledge of remote sensing data and image analysis
Emerge Associates is a growing business with a culture oriented around exceptional client service and genuinely enjoying what we do. We have an active social club and a diverse array of people to work with.
We are committed to our organisational values and have a strong focus on career development. If this sounds like something you are interested in, then we would like to hear from you.
We welcome all suitably qualified and skilled people to apply for the role, however you must have permanent working rights in Australia.
If you would like to become part of our innovative and energetic team, please apply on Seek.
Note: The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years’ experience do you have in a consulting role?