Your Opportunity with Emerge
We are an energetic team of 55+ staff that are Western Australia’s leading combined Environmental Consulting and Landscape Architecture practice with offices in Perth and Margaret River. We are looking for a dedicated, passionate and enthusiastic hydrologist/water engineer to help deliver our water resource capability. The role is varied and will need you to be able to:
- Lead the technical inputs for a range of water related projects.
- Focus on hydrological modelling aspects of projects: flood mapping, drainage design and surface water management.
- Undertake catchment analysis.
- Work with the GIS team to prepare mapping demonstrating modelling outcomes.
- Prepare technical reports required to support modelling and water management strategies.
- Support junior team members in growing technical capability.
- Assist the Hydrology Team Leader with management of modelling team resourcing.
What you will bring
- A Bachelor Degree in Environmental/Civil Engineering/Sciences or equivalent is essential.
- Minimum of 6 years experience in hydrological and hydraulic modelling. Familiarity with XP software suite essential.
- Basic AutoCAD and/or GIS skills are essential.
- Groundwater modelling experience/capability would be advantageous.
- Ability to critically think and problem solve.
- A keen eye for detail and capacity to provide creative solutions to complex technical issues.
- Ability to manage and communicate personal workloads and priorities.
- Enthusiasm to guide and support junior staff in their professional development.
- An ability to communicate and collaborate effectively.
- High standards of professional and personal ethics.
Our team structure allows for various levels of experience, with a clear pathway from Consultant through to Principal with increasing project management and leadership responsibilities. You will be welcomed into our firm, supported in your new role allowing learning, working and collaborating within our teams. The role available will be tailored to suit your level of experience with corresponding remuneration package to suit.
Applications Close Monday 30 November 2020.
If you would like to become part of our innovative and energetic team, please apply on Seek.
Please note that Australian Working Rights and a current valid driver’s licence are essential requirements for the role.