Are you a qualified hydrologist, hydrogeologist or water engineer with experience in the consulting industry and urban development? Want to become part of our innovative and progressive team? Interested in an opportunity to progress to managing a team of water professionals? Emerge Associates are looking to expand our team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals in our Perth office with a senior level consultant/hydrologist.
We are an energetic team of 55+ staff that are Western Australia’s leading combined Environmental Consulting and Landscape Architecture practice, with teams covering Environmental Planning and Management, Hydrology, Contaminated Land, Ecology, Sustainability, and Landscape Architecture.
Our Hydrology team comprises environmental and civil engineers and scientists ranging in experience from recent graduates through to experienced principals. We work on a diverse mix of projects from Urban Development, State and Local Government, Mining and Agriculture.
Our team is actively involved in the wider water and development industry (through associations including Australian Water Association, Urban Development Industry of Australia and Property Council of Australia) ensuring we are at the forefront of water conversations here in WA and Nationally, to strive for sustainable and innovative water outcomes in our projects. Our team have been involved with award winning projects receiving recognition across the industry within the urban development and infrastructure space.
Your Opportunity with Emerge
We are looking for a dedicated, passionate and enthusiastic senior hydrologist/engineer to help us deliver our water management projects, with a specific focus on urban development. The role involves the following core tasks:
- Manage projects of varying scales, including small single team projects through to complex multi-team projects.
- Manage internal project teams (both within Hydrology and across the broader business) to achieve high quality outcomes for clients.
- Provide technical guidance to team members, clients and co-consultants as appropriate to each project.
- Provide Q&A review of technical reports and deliverables.
- Actively scope for new work through existing clients/projects, tender submissions and utilising professional networks.
- Assist the Hydrology Team Leader in resourcing of the Hydrology team to achieve project and business outcomes.
- Support and mentor junior team members in growing technical and consulting capabilities.
- Full or part-time role potentially available.
- Potential opportunity to move into Team Leader role for the right candidate.
You will be welcomed into our firm, supported in your new role allowing learning, working and collaborating within our existing teams. Remuneration package will be tailored to suit the applicant’s experience and capability.
What you will bring
- A minimum of 7 years experience in a water related industry. This should include some time in consulting.
- Current experience in urban development projects in WA
- Knowledge and experience with the principles of Better Urban Water Management and Water Sensitive Urban Design.
- A proven ability in project management including financials, project programming, and quality of deliverables.
- An ability to manage project teams of varying technical experience to achieve high quality project outcomes.
- Experience in new project scoping and tender submissions.
- Strong report writing and communication skills.
- A keen eye for detail and capacity to provide creative solutions to complex technical issues.
- Ability to manage and communicate team workloads and priorities.
- Ability to critically think and problem solve.
- An enthusiasm, passion and willingness to assist the management team with client relationships and business development.
- An enthusiasm to guide and support junior staff in their professional development.
- An ability to communicate and collaborate effectively within teams at all levels.
- High standards of professional and personal ethics.
Additional experience that would be well regarded:
- Knowledge of surface water modelling methodologies and software packages
- Experience in Hydrogeology
- Experience in groundwater modelling
- Experience in programming and implementing water monitoring and soil sampling programs.
A Bachelor Degree in Engineering and/or Sciences or equivalent is an essential requirement for this role. We welcome all suitably skilled people with varying experience levels to apply for the role, however you must have the right to work in Australia.
If you would like to become part of our innovative and energetic team, please APPLY via Seek
Please note that Australian Working Rights and a current valid driver’s licence are essential requirements for the role.