Are you a motivated person who strives for excellence and has a passion for spatial technology? Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a passionate team of people in an Environmental Consulting firm?
We currently have an opportunity for a Graduate GIS Analyst to join our award-winning Emerge team in Perth. This will initially be a casual position, required on Monday and Tuesday each week with possible flexibility.
Emerge Associates operates across both environmental consulting and landscape architecture, with established teams and capabilities in each discipline. This is an exciting time at Emerge, as with the success of our Perth and Margaret River offices our business has recently opened the doors to a new office in Melbourne. As our journey of growth continues, we are now looking to expand our GIS team in seeking a Graduate GIS Analyst to support our GIS Coordinator.
Your Opportunity with Emerge
This entry level position will suit a person with some previous GIS experience or a university student who has recently completed or is undertaking a degree in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or similar. This role will see you working closely with the GIS Coordinator to provide quality and timely spatial services, deliverables and advice to internal stakeholders. Other tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with internal stakeholders to capture, understand, and translate end-user requirements into spatial deliverables.
- Evaluate, store, manipulate and analyse GIS data from diverse sources while maintaining data accuracy and integrity.
- Develop high quality maps and data using the ArcGIS software suite.
- Provide training and support to internal stakeholders on the use of spatial applications and geographic data.
What you will bring
- Tertiary qualification in Geographic Information Systems or similar (or progressing towards)
- Proficiency and experience utilising ESRI products for figure production and data analysis
- Basic understanding of CAD datasets and conversions to GIS
- A keen eye for detail and capacity to provide solutions to complex technical issues
- Ability to critically think and problem solve
- Approachable, adaptable and confident in dealing with users at all levels
- A great team player, eager to learn, lead and encourage
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- High standards of professional and personal ethics
- The ability to employ self-motivation and a pro-active attitude to work well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
Emerge Associates is a growing business with a culture oriented around exceptional client service and genuinely enjoying what we do. We have an active social agenda and a diverse array of people to work with. If you enjoy being active, you will fit right in and we offer a great office environment where you can achieve great results. We are committed to our organisational values and have a strong focus on career development.
If you would like to become part of our innovative and energetic team, please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the above criteria to email@example.com.
Please note that Australian Working Rights and a current valid driver’s licence are essential requirements for the role.