Are you a qualified hydrologist, hydrogeologist or water engineer? Want to become part of our innovative and progressive team? Emerge Associates are looking to expand our team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals in our Perth office with a lead level consultant/hydrologist.
We are an energetic team of 55+ staff that are Western Australia’s leading combined Environmental Consulting and Landscape Architecture practice, with teams covering Environmental Planning and Management, Hydrology, Contaminated Land, Ecology, Sustainability, and Landscape Architecture.
Our Hydrology team comprises environmental and civil engineers and scientists ranging in experience from recent graduates through to experienced principals. We work on a diverse mix of projects from Urban Development, State and Local Government, Mining and Agriculture.
Our team is actively involved in the wider water and development industry (through associations including Australian Water Association, Urban Development Industry of Australia and Property Council of Australia) ensuring we are at the forefront of water conversations here in WA and Nationally, to strive for sustainable and innovative water outcomes in our projects. Our team have been involved with award winning projects receiving recognition across the industry within the urban development and infrastructure space.
Your Opportunity with Emerge Associates
We are looking for a dedicated, passionate and enthusiastic hydrologist/hydrogeologist to help us deliver our water projects. The role involves the following core tasks:
- Complete technical tasks to deliver project outcomes with the support of the broader Hydrology team as needed including:
- Desktop environmental reviews
- Groundwater and surface water data review and analysis
- Catchment analysis and parameterisation
- Surface flow quantity and quality analysis
- Floodway and floodplain assessments
- Hydrological and hydraulic modelling
- Groundwater assessments and modelling
- Water balance investigations
- Water management planning and strategies
- Report writing
- Provide advice on water related issues to project teams (internal and external) and clients with support of the senior team members
- Independently manage small to medium sized projects with the support of senior team members
- Work with the broader Emerge team to provide technical inputs to large, complex projects
- Work with the Hydrology Team Leader to communicate personal resourcing and workload needs
- Actively support senior team members in winning new work through inputs to tender submissions and relationship building with existing clients and project teams
- Full or part-time role potentially available
You will be welcomed into our firm and supported in your new role, allowing learning, working and collaborating within our existing teams. Remuneration package will be tailored to suit the applicant’s experience and capability.
What you will bring
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a water related role
- Ability to critically think and problem solve
- Strong report writing and communication skills (written and verbal)
- A keen eye for detail and capacity to provide creative solutions to complex technical issues
- An enthusiasm, passion and willingness to assist the team to undertake project work
- An ability to communicate and collaborate effectively within teams
- High standards of professional and personal ethics
Additional experience that would be desirable:
- Experience in a consulting-based role
- Experience in Urban Development
- Experience/training in surface water or groundwater modelling
- Experience in field work (specifically installing bores, recording surface water and groundwater levels, and quality monitoring)
- Exposure to GIS software packages are desirable
A Bachelor Degree in Engineering and/or Sciences or equivalent is an essential requirement for this role. We welcome all suitably skilled people with varying experience levels to apply for the role, however you must have full working rights in Australia.
Applicants with fewer than 4 years experience will be considered if relevant.
If you would like to become part of our innovative and energetic team, please APPLY via Seek
Please note that Australian Working Rights and a current valid driver’s licence are essential requirements for the role.